Looking for E85 fuel? There’s now an app for that, as the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA), in partnership with the Iowa Corn Growers Association is unveiling a newly updated Flex-Fuel Station Locator application for iPhones, iPads, the iPod touch and all Android devices. The app is free and available for download in both the App Store and Android Marketplace. This app will help users pinpoint any station in the United States that’s offering E85.
New features of the app, which was first introduced in 2011, include:
- Flex-Fuel Vehicle (FFV) Identifier — After inputting make, model and year of a vehicle, the app will alert users if their car is flex-fuel compatible or not, to help avoid drivers putting incorrect fuel in their vehicle.
- Route Planner — Adds the ability for consumers to enter a starting and end point to determine E85 stations along a certain route.
- MPG Education — Uses education information from www.fueleconomy.gov and includes other factors of MPG such as low tire pressure, wind and driver actions.
- Search — Includes the ability for consumers to enter state, city or zip code to determine E85 stations in the immediate area.
- Add or Remove — Gives app users the ability to alert the database of new stations, closed stations or other corrections not presently included in the location information used by the app.
“With more than 11 million flex-fuel vehicles in America, we wanted to make it easier, faster and perhaps more educational and fun for drivers to find E85,” said Robert White, RFA director of Market Development. “Americans increasingly demand more fuel choice at the pump. They want alternatives to petroleum, especially foreign petroleum. They want fuels which are domestic, renewable and environment-enhancing. They bought FFVs for a reason and we want to keep fueling the change.”
Whether you’re interested in purchasing a flex-fuel vehicle or are currently driving one, this app will enhance your peace of mind and give you assurance that your investment in flex-fuel technology was not in vain.
The above article was published by Vehicle MD 2/28/13